Over the last 5 years, we have;
- Supported over 100 local young people to access opportunities through the Different But Equal Board such as;
- Organising Rotherham’s only awards ceremony which is designed by young people for young people. (See video below)
- Producing Rotherham’s first film resource around SEND made by young people with SEND.
- Increased our Strategic Representation to over 50 boards and subgroups contributing to local strategy, policy, commissioning and development of services for Children, Young People and Families.
- Supported our members to access over £1.3 Million in funding to deliver innovative, collaborative and cost-effective services
- Supported over 2000 children, young people and family members through joint-consortia projects.
- Supported our members to register with the online safeguarding self-assessment, understand the standards and demonstrate compliance with these.
CYP&F Consortium Covid-19 Response Project
The Children, Young People and Families Consortium was recently successful in being awarded £99,806 from the Coronavirus Community Support Fund, distributed by The National Lottery Community Fund.
The funding supported the delivery of a 6-month joint-consortia project comprising 9 of our member organisations offering a range of services in response to the impacts of COVID-19 on vulnerable people and communities in Rotherham. Our target audience were those who wish to return to a sense of normality by increasing accessibility and meaningful engagement, as well as those who were isolated and required additional support.
A full report of the project, including its aims, activities, outcomes and learning can be downloaded below.